Friday 6 July 2012

TGISF....Thank goodness its Summer & Friday

Hi Bloggers.... 

Thanks for checkin' its been a few days since my last entry!!! But it sure it worth the wait!!! The long weekend over here was AWESOME!! My hubby and I were busy every day last weekend.... and I have lots of photos to show for it. Heres a little recap....

Last week... I decided to go for a walk... turned out to be an amazing 5 k walk that I did in 1.05 hours...and filled with beauty. 
Here is a collage of some of the beautiful things I observed on my jaunt....




 What a great ending to the walk... but beautiful clouds and the beginning of a sunset!!!
When I got home... I made some delicious white raspberry iced tea....
so delicious with lemon (steeped over night)
FRIDAY JUNE 29: THE LONG WEEKEND BEGINS WITH SUSHI :) YUM
 SATURDAY JUNE 30: We decided to enjoy the weather and go the cabin for the day.... 
what a beautiful day it was. I sat around relaxing and reading all day... 
it was fabulous :) Check out this cool cloud form I caught with my iphone....
 looks like ...... a POLAR BEAR :)
JULY 1: YIPEEE WHAT A SPECIAL DAY.... aside from CANADA's BDAY-- 
it is also my husbands 30th BDAY!!! 
Who else gets FIREWORKS and A STAT HOLIDAY on their BDAY??? 
MY HUBBY of COURSE... SUPER SPECIAL. 
His day started out like this.... cinnamon buns, candle light, japanese coffee and fruit :) YUM
The day was great. Went out to a local steakhouse and finished off with 
ICE CREAM CAKE from DQ of course!!!
 HAPPY CANADA DAY !!!
 And finished with FIREWORKS... 

JULY 2: The next day was a BIG FAMILY get 2 gether at the 
CABIN 2 CELEBRATE my hubby's bday :)
We REALLY love BDAYS over this WAY :) 
It was a really great day.... except for a bit of CRAZY weather. Just as we finished preparing the food...... the clouds and rain.... and HAIL moved in for like a 1/2 hr.... then the sun came out .... it was truly an awesome day!!!
 The evening ended with some more crazy weather, which I captured on the way home.... check out the beautiful images of "Crazy Weather"===>
 TWO RAINBOWS!!!
 Unbelievable!!!

 Today is a "sick day": home with a cold.... I guess its pay back for such a busy and fun packed long weekend :) Thanks for a short week...... heres to me feeling better ASAP cuz the WEEKEND is here again.... I'm not one to provide you all with "how to survive" a cold... please speak to your family dr. for official medical advice.. but some of the websites I visited today were really helpful.... and here goes  for a little TLC for ME!!!

 Now for a little vapor inhalation 
(mint leaves didn't really do the trick; 
so I tried a bit of eucalyptus oil.. much better)...... 
now for rest..... fluids (peach tea with honey and lemon YUM)....
 time ..... to get me better QUICK!!


 Next on the agenda....... SLEEP... then CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP.
Hope everyone is feeling well out there.... 
HAVE an AWESOME WEEKEND!!!
m
What remedies do you swear by to re-coup for a cold fast???


No comments:

Post a Comment